3 steps to increase your productivity and get past the final obstacle

Photo: Jonas Svidras @ STEP.CAMERA

At times, it feels like you’ve hit a creative and productive wall. What if it’s the point of 95% completion? Here’s how you deal with the remaining 5%.

Over time, I’ve come to realise, the most important work I do as a solopreneur is to show myself how I don’t give up on me

As a creative entrepreneur, I constantly meet resistance. From my own mind. When I write or work on photography, I will come to a point where it all comes to a halt, and I used to spend days in frustration, shame and negative self-talk. Not any more.

Now I recognise it as the point before a breakthrough.

So instead of resisting and letting my mind and my feelings lead the train, I’ll follow the recipe which has worked for me every time. I’ve accepted that however weird it may seem to others, it’s effective to me, and I’m the only one who matters.

When you work for yourself, you can sweep all the normality out the door. What you produce is what matters in the end. Over time, I’ve come to realise, the most important work I do as a solopreneur is to show myself how I don’t give up on me. Over the last few years, I’ve found taking these steps is in effect the easiest way through the final obstacle.

Read the full story, and others like it on the publication Self Leadership Through Storytelling at Medium.com

Written By
More from Lill Øyunn

How to get the friendships you always wanted!

I have set upon an embarkment of something you might find childish...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.